The Torchia Scholarship in Public Relations/Communications is awarded annually to the student who best exemplifies the spirit and practice of bilingualism in the Canadian communications and public relations profession
- Enrolled in an undergraduate public relations/communications degree program at a Canadian university or multi-year diploma or certificate program at a community college
- Completed first year satisfactorily and entering second year
- Studying in one of Canada’s two official languages that is not his/her mother tongue
- Able to demonstrate overall comprehension of public relations/communications, its theoretical and practical elements, values and principles
- Demonstration of high ethical standards
- Commitment to a career in public relations/communications
- Attach a copy of your curriculum vitae
- Attach a letter from your university or college that attests to your status and how you meet the scholarship criteria
- Attach a two-page submission in your language of study addressing the Scholarship criteria and your understanding of why culture and language will be important to your career planning
Your submission should address all the criteria above, notably demonstrating overall comprehension of public relations/communications. A jury chair and three bilingual public relations professionals and/or educators will review submissions and determine a successful candidate. The jury may require a telephone interview in either English or French.
Send submission to:
Communications + Public Relations Foundation, Suite 1515, 73 Widdicombe Hill Blvd, Toronto, Ontario, M9R 4B3.
Note: Application form can be found on the Financial Aid & Awards bulletin board outside of Student Services (Grant 130).