FLASH Urges Students to Apply for New StormStruck: A Tale of Two Homes Scholarships
FLASH announced in November that one $1,500 annual scholarship will be awarded in each StormStruck: A Tale of Two Homes sponsor's name, and urged interested master and doctorate-degree students to apply.
The scholarships first announced at the 2011 FLASH Annual Meeting as part of a tribute to the unprecedented success of StormStruck during its first three years at INNOVENTIONS at EpcotR at the Walt Disney WorldR Resort, are as follows:
- RenaissanceReR Risk Management Scholarship - for students performing research on the identification, assessment or prioritization of risk as it relates to natural disaster liabilities.
- Simpson Strong-TieR Structural Engineering & Construction Scholarship - for students performing research on resilient construction materials or techniques.
- State FarmR Financial Services Scholarship - for students performing research on financial analysis, investment management or corporate finance as they relate to mitigating the effects of, responding to or recovery from natural disasters.
- WeatherPredict Consulting Inc. Meteorology Scholarship - for students performing research on meteorology or meteorological risk modeling as it relates to natural disasters.
- FLASH Social Science Scholarship - for students performing research on behavior change, societal effects or other social aspects as they relate to natural disaster mitigation or preparation.
For more information, please visit: http://www.flash.org/scholarship/