Eligibility requirements and application forms may be found on the SWANA BC website.
While any students in programs relevant to solid waste management or environmental protection are eligible for these awards, special consideration will be given to applicants who are members of SWANA or are immediate relatives (parent, child, spouse) of a SWANA Pacific Chapter member.
Recipients of the scholarships will be determined by a panel of SWANA Pacific Chapter Directors and will be chosen on the basis of:
- intended course of studies and its relations to solid waste management
- academic performance
- involvement in school and community activities
- involvement in activities beside regular course work which is related to solid waste management or environmental protection
- a brief written submission (500 words or less)
- preference may be given to SWANA members or their immediate relatives
The BC & Yukon Chapter of SWANA offers a number of $1,000 scholarships each year to assist students in disciplines related to solid waste management and environment protection and leading to careers in these fields.