The Robin Rigby Trust was established in 2008 to support individuals undertaking small-scale and short-term collaborative research projects to better understand and implement sustainable development in coastal areas. Specifically, the Robin Rigby Trust provides support to students and recent graduates in two categories:
- Canadians travelling overseas
- non-Canadians travelling to Atlantic Canada.
In both cases, the focus must be to undertake coastal research that involves collaboration with coastal communities, coastal research organizations, and/or coastal focused non-governmental organizations.
Projects should aim to achieve one or more of the following:
- improve our understanding of coastal ecosystems and the value of their biodiversity and conservation
- address coastal environmental and resource management problems
- develop coastal areas responsibly; and/or
- improve the livelihoods of those living along the coast
For a full copy of the Call for Proposals including eligibility criteria and application information please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org