The Greater Victoria area is growing and now reflects a variety of ethnicities, customs, languages, beliefs, abilities, values, and talents. According to the 2006 census, 19% of Victoria’s residents are immigrants born outside of Canada. Nearly nine per cent of Victoria residents are members of a visible minority ethno-cultural group.
Each year, ICA awards one $1,000 undergraduate scholarship and one $1,000 graduate scholarship for students in, or accepted into, degree programs at colleges and universities in the Greater Victoria area.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Acceptance or registration in college or university degree program in Greater Victoria;
• Career goals directly related to helping Greater Victoria meet the challenges of diverse societies;
• Record of academic achievement;
• Record of volunteer or professional involvement in multicultural affairs or diversity education, training, or community activities; and
• Familiarity with ICA and its mission.
For more details, please contact Carolyn Camilleri, Communications Coordinator, at 250-388-4728 ext. 124 or firstname.lastname@example.org.