The GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders Program in Canada is a unique program that provides financial support and skills development opportunities for accomplished first-year undergraduate students from recognized institutions who are pursuing degrees in the fields of engineering or business/management and are Canadian resident Aboriginal individuals who are either First Nation status or non-status, Métis or Inuit.
- A $4000 per year scholarship for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th years of your undergraduate program.
- An opportunity to be mentored by a business leader at GE in Canada.
- Participation in GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders activities, including a specially designed leadership development seminar at GE Canada in Mississauga, Ontario.
- Participation in community development projects
Who Can Apply?
Only applicants who meet the eligibility criteria described below will be considered for the award.
Aboriginal peoples who:
- Are Canadian residents
- Are first-year full-time undergraduate students at a recognized Canadian university
- Are studying engineering or business/management
- Have high academic performance, as demonstrated by first semester university results and high school transcripts
- Demonstrate financial need
Application forms including essay must be submitted online by 11:59pm EST on March 15, 2012. All Supporting documentations must arrive via post by March 15, 2012 to:
GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders Program in Canada
Institute of International Education
809 United Nations Plaza
New York, NY 10017
Supporting Documentation - In addition to your application form, the following documentation is required:
- Certification Page with original signature (downloaded from online application)
- High school transcripts - official copy may be sent directly by university
- Two letters of recommendation (see instructions on form which can be downloaded from the online application)
- Proof of Aboriginal ancestry - photocopy of Band/Treaty card; Metis membership card; Inuit Beneficiary card. Students who are non-status First Nation may send a photocopy of the band card issued to parent or grandparent.
English translations must accompany any documents not in English.
Incomplete application materials or application materials received after March 15, 2012 will not be considered. Application materials will not be returned to applicants.
Complete the GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders Application here: