Availability - Bursaries in an amount up to $3,000 are available to eligible applicants on a one-time-only basis.
Eligibility - Full-time students engaged in post-graduate study in a field of Public/Community Health Practice within an applicable discipline (e.g. nurses, nutritionists, environmental health officers, etc.) Physicians are not eligible for this bursary.
- strong preference will be given to individuals who are resident and practicing in B.C.
- preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate a commitment to remain in B.C.
- preference will be given to candidates who commit to live and practice in rural areas of B.C.
- studies my be undertaken at any post-secondary institution in B.C.
- consideration will be given to candidates who wish to study out-of-province or out-of-country
Conditions - Candidates must demonstrate satisfactory enrollment and standing in a course of studies or acceptance into a program. Candidates must acknowledge acceptance of the bursary by letter to the Chair of the Health Officers' Council. it is suggested that bursary recipients consider a future donation to the bursary fun in support of the future education needs of those who will follow them.
Timelines - Applications, accompanied by a current C.V.; proof of acceptance or enrollment in an appropriate program; future goals and intentions within public/community health; and any other information you feel relevant to the selection committee, can be forwarded to the Chair, Health Officers' Council, by a set date in early September of the year in which the bursary is required.
More information as well as the application form can be found at the Vancouver Foundation Website.