The BC Government and Service Employees' Union is offering $45,000 in scholarship awards, $3,000.00 for full-time students and $2,000 for part-time students who are BCGEU members or relatives of BCGEU members or staff.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
1. Members of the BCGEU in good standing are eligible to apply.
2. Relatives of BCGEU members or staff in good standing or relatives of deceased orretired members are eligible to apply. Definition of a relative: a spouse of same oropposite sex, parent, child, including a step-child or foster child, brother, sister orgrandchild.
3. Applicants must be living in Canada.
4. Applicants must be registering in either full-time or part-time post-secondary programs ata Canadian educational institution that is listed with HRSDC Canada (www.hrsdc.gc.ca,click "CanLearn.ca") for 2012. Winners will not be awarded money until proof of postsecondary registration is received.
5. For students with special needs who have an IEP (Individual Education Plan) youhave the choice of submitting your essay as per the criteria or alternatively, youcan submit in DVD format, video (i.e. acting/skit) or audio (reading). It must be atleast 15 minutes in length.
6. Previous BCGEU scholarship winners and Members of unions affiliated to the BCGEUare not eligible.
For more detailed criteria and applications forms, please visit: http://www.bcgeu.ca/member_resources_scholar.