The Abbott IBD Scholarship Program awards students who are living well with Inflammatory Bowel Disease, and who sustain an optimal level of wellness allowing them to excel at their personal and academic goals and inspire those around them to do the same in the face of their challenges.
Apply now for one of seven one-time scholarships of up to $5000. CCFC is extending in 2012 to students living with IBD. Made available through an unrestricted educational grant from Abbott Canada Inc, the scholarships are available to students living with IBD who are entering into or currently attending a post-secondary educational institution in 2012.
Applicants of any age are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be:
- a legal and permanent resident of Canada
- Diagnosed by a physician with Crohn's disease (CD) or ulcerative colitis (UC);
- seeking an associate, undergraduate, or graduate degree from a Canadian university; Canadian college; enrolled in a trade school educational diploma;
- enrolled in or awaiting acceptance from a Canadian-based institution of higher education for the fall semester of 2012; and
- a student, who demonstrates academic aspiration and sustatining an optimal level of wellness allowing them to excel at their personal and academic goals and inspire those around them to do the same
- application requirements
All applicants must submit the following, postmarked by June 30, 2012:
- a complete 2012 Abbott IBD Scholarship application, including an official academic transcript;
- proof of IBD diagnosis from your treating physician;
- a one (1) page essay outlining how you demonstrate academic aspiration and sustatining an optimal level of wellness allowing you to excel at you personal and academic goals and inspire those around you to do the same. You may want to incorporate why you strive for academic success, how you sustain an optimal level of wellness, your personal and academic goals, how you inspire others
- two (2) letters of personal recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, coach, colleague or employer.
For more information and a downloadable application, please visit ibdscholarship.ca