Celebrate a few of our own
The Royal Roads alumni and student network is filled with amazing people so it should be no surprise that so many of them have been nominated for the first annual Vancouver Island Top 20 Under 40 Awards.
Put forward by Vancouver Island businesses, nominations are based on such values as achievement, experience, innovation, leadership, and community involvement. Nominees will have demonstrated excellence in business judgment and leadership and for contributions to their communities on a local and regional level. The winners will be announced at the Top 20 Under 40 Awards Black Tie Gala Feb. 15.
Please join us in wishing all of the nominees the best of luck!
- Matthew Beckett, senior financial consultant, Coastal Community Financial Management Inc. (2011 grad)
- Richard Van Leeuwen, owner, director, Academy of Learning (2005 grad)
- Shawn Steele, general manager, Prospect Lake Golf Course (2004 grad)
- Christy Smith, marketing, Spice Creative (2008 grad)
- Kelly Bissell, regional vice-president RBC Vancouver (2012 grad)
- Nathanael Moulson, training manager, Royal Canadian Navy and Co-Founder of Vibes Fitness (2011 grad)
MA Tourism Management
- Jenn Houtby-Ferguson, Destination Development Officer (2015 expected)
BA Professional Communication
- Kyla Karakochuk, assistant manager, Markering and Communications, Fairwinds Community & Resort (2013 grad)
- Maria Woodward, assistant branch manager, BMO (2014 expected)