2013 Christmas Adopt-a-Family initiative
December is here and Christmas is near, which means it's once again time to turn our attention to helping those less fortunate over the festive season. Patti Walsh and I will be organizing our annual Adopt-a-Family again and we thank you for any and all support for the project. We expect to collect items until Dec 19. Our objective is to provide gifts, dinner fixings, and necessities that will make the holidays a little bit happier for several families.
We have the family wish lists and information noted below and are expecting to receive information for another 2 or 3 families. Contributions will be collected at the Recreation Centre and should be dropped off at the reception desk. You will also see green Christmas tree banks at the Recreation Centre, University Reception and Habitat Cafe where you can donate cash to the initiative.
Please contact Shelley at ext 4119 or Patti at ext 2700 if you and your department wish to take on a family of your own or if you have any questions.
Family 1 - taken care of by the Executive
A two parent family. Very sweet and loving parents and kids who struggle to make ends meet.
- 8-year-old male. Clothing size 9 youth. Gift ideas - cars
- 6-year-old female. Size 6 youth. Gift ideas - Barbies and dolls
- 4-year-old male. Size 4 youth. Gift ideas - cars and trucks
- 2-year-old female. Size 2. Gift ideas - any age appropriate toys
- 4-month-old female. Size 4-6 months. Gift ideas include infant toys and other items
Another two parent family trying to make ends meet.
- 13-year-old male. Size 14. Gift ideas - magic cards, iTunes, books, board games, xbox games, mikecraft, pokemon
- 11-year-old female. Size 14. Gift ideas - books, crafts and drawing, plays guitar so anything to do with music, iTunes, owls and cooking
- 8-year-old male. Size 8. Gift ideas - books, spy gear, minecraft, ben10, remote control car or helicopter, playmobil, transformers, super heroes, digimon
This family shops at Superstore for groceries and Walmart for other items. They have a vehicle so anything for that would be helpful.
Thank you to all those who supported our past efforts and we look forward to lighting up the holidays for some deserving fellow community members again this year.
Cheers and Happy Ho Ho!
Shelley & Patti