Current Students Info

Upcoming Student Events

New events will be added shortly.

Campus Accommodation - Frequently Asked Questions

Who is eligible for campus accommodations?

Royal Roads University offers modest on campus accommodations to support students taking short-term residencies, but does not offer full-time housing for students in full-time on-campus programs. For off-campus accommodation options, please click here.

How do I book campus accommodations?

Students will receive their program code from their program area to access the online booking system two months prior to the residency start date. Visit our Campus Accommodations page for the more details.

How do I book an accessible room?

Please contact Student Success to discuss accessibility requirements to support you on campus.

What are the check-in and check-out times?

Check-in 3 PM; Check-out 10 AM

A luggage room is located at Campus Security where belongings can be stored pre or post check in/out. Students must leave their rooms locked and return the keys to the Key Drop Boxes located at Campus Security or the Guest Services Desk.

Do I pay to park on campus?

Yes, please visit the Guest Services Desk at the LIC building to apply for a parking pass. Overnight parking is restricted to parking lot P3 behind Hatley Castle.

What is the ‘linen and towel' service?

This is an optional service provided to Dorm Room accommodations. If requested, housekeeping will bring fresh towels and bed linens weekly on a designated day at a cost of $10 per week.

Are there full cooking facilities in the student lounges?

No. The student lounges are equipped with fridges, microwaves, coffee makers, toasters, kettles, and dishware for your self-catering needs.

Is there Wi-Fi in the accommodations?

All residence rooms have data ports that hook the guest/student directly into our LAN.

What if I don't have a computer to bring?

Students have exclusive access to the computer lounges located in the residences. The Library also has computer labs available to students.

Where are the laundry facilities?

You can find laundry facilities for students on each floor of the Millward and Nixon buildings. The machines are coin operated and are $1 per load, wash or dry. Laundry soap and dryer sheets can be purchased at the Campus Store in the LIC building.

What is my mailing address on campus?

Your Name, Your Building and Room Number

c/o Royal Roads University - Campus Housing,

2005 Sooke Road, Victoria, B.C., V9B 5Y2

Where do students pick up their mail?

Please address any deliveries or mail to your name and room number. Packages for students will be held at Campus Security and you will receive an email notifying you to pick up the package.

Is there a cash machine on campus?

Yes, located at the Campus Security office in the Millward building. There is a $1.50 fee on all transactions.

What is the phone number for my accommodation?

If family or friends wish to call you, they should: Dial (250) 391-2600, then enter the extension number, which is the prefix 6 if you are in the Nixon building and 5 if you are in Millward building, followed by your room number.

For instance, if you're in Nixon 421 the extension would be 6421.